Brisbane Tolkien Fellowship: For fans of J.R.R. Tolkien and all things Middle-earth.
We are registered as a Smial of the Tolkien Society.
We are a Social Charity Group and we do possess an ACN number and are insured for events.
We hold regular get-togethers for varying interests… Books, Movies, Costumes, Entertainment and more.
- Second Breakfast Book Club is Sunday, 21st August, “Foundation” by Isaac Asimov: 10:00 am at Mary Ryan’s at Milton.
- We have Booths at Brisbane Supanova November 11th – 13th. Two Fan Photo Booths and tables to sell Middle-earth Fan created items.
- Film Noldor Club (once every 2 months).
- Tolkien related Library Presentations and Displays throughout the year.
- An annual Middle-earth Themed Dinner Dance each year in October.(This year October 15th)
- Meetings with Dinner once every two Months.
- And attend or create other events throughout the year. E.g. Hobbit Week (September) Imagination Month (August), Gold Coast Supanova (April).
Profits from Monies we collect throughout the year are donated to The Pyjama Foundation annually. To date, we have donated over $7 000 as well as books and calculators to their education programs.
We invite you to join our group, because we are always looking for new passionate fans and people with new ideas and input.